Final clues for The Virgin Media Shorts Treasure Hunt26 October, 2011 1:39pm
They’re finally here – the remaining two clues in our online treasure hunt to join us at the Virgin Media Shorts Awards 2011. Below, you’ll find all 12 clues from the beginning, and now all that’s left to do is figure them out and email us the answers in the correct order before Monday 31st October. Easy!
Each clue refers to one of this year’s shortlist films, so if you’ve watched them already it’ll be a piece of cake. If you’re a clever clogs and get them all right, you could be off to the Virgin Media Shorts Awards night next month at BFI Southbank, where you’ll rub shoulders with the judges (including John Hurt and Mat Whitecross) as they announce this year’s winner. The judges will also crown the victor in this year’s People’s Choice Award, as chosen by your fine selves, so if you haven’t voted yet, go pop your paper in the virtual ballot box PRONTO! The deadline’s on Friday.
Good luck, and maybe we’ll see you at the BFI Southbank on November 10th.
1. Christmas is two months away, but this lady won’t be having many silent nights for a while.
2. In the answer to Clue 1, our heroine says a one digit number at 01:16 seconds. That same number appears beneath a 'Jack Lives Here' sign in Clue 2’s film about an unusual initiation.
3. This helpless chap could do with borrowing some threads from those dapper gents in the film from Clue 2.
4. In the short from Clue 3, barely a shot goes by without a certain kind of vehicle tootling past, but this same mode of transport is to blame when tragedy strikes in Clue 4’s film.
5. In the film from Clue 4, a mysterious elderly lady is in possession of a pair of very special glasses. The fun-seeking ladies in Clue 5's film swap their specs for a pair of shiny binoculars.
6. At the end of the film from Clue 5, our stars celebrate a successful expedition by clinking not glasses but Tupperware as they prepare to chow down on a well earned snack. But in Clue 6’s film, lunch is altogether more magical.
7. This year's shortlist is a hotbed of folklore and fantasy, from Clue 6's film of hidden underwater worlds, to Clue 7’s eerie tale of a mythical creature longing to return to the sea.
8. In the film from Clue 7 we see a man, plagued by his past, brandishing a cleaver but stopping short of the final blow. Clue 8's film sees a much more delicate chop of a tiny cutlet in this quirky short.
9. This year's shortlist is full of furry and feathered friends, from clue 8's bad tempered customer sending the staff into a flap, to this film’s cruel lothario taking out his frustrations on his canine friend.
10. As the ruthless Romeo in our last clue pushes his admirers away, this big hearted hero just longs to get close to someone, if only things didn't keep getting in his way..
11. We reckon the prickly customer in Clue 10's film could do with half an hour in the chair with this lot and their rigorous grooming regimes.
12. It looks like a few of the young men in Clue 11's film are getting spruced up for date night. But there's no time to prepare for the altogether more impromptu meetings in this film. Surely they should all be tucked up at home…
Think you've got the clues sussed? Email us your answers sharpish!
Terms and conditions:
• The promoter of the prize draw is Virgin Media Limited ("Virgin Media").
• Entrants must be UK residents and aged 18 or over. Employees, families or agents of Virgin Media and/or any of its group undertakings are not eligible to enter. Proof of ID might be required before the prize is awarded.
• Virgin Media cannot cover the cost of travelling to the BFI or for accommodation, so please ensure you can make your way to London and back on 10th November 2011.
• By entering the prize draw, you hereby confirm that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
• Winner will be chosen at random from the list of correct entrants. The date of the draw is 31st October 2011. Winner(s) will be notified by email within 5 days of the draw and you must respond as directed within 3 days of receipt of the email, otherwise we reserve the right to re-allocate the relevant prize.
• Only registered users of virginmediashorts.co.uk are eligible.
• The decision of Virgin Media as to who has been awarded a prize is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Virgin Media may at its sole discretion, substitute any prize for a prize of a similar nature and/or comparable value. Winner may not request and is not entitled to a cash alternative to the prize and the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
• Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual's prior consent.
• By entering the prize draw, you are deemed to accept these Terms and all other terms and conditions. Virgin Media may, at its sole discretion, change the dates of entry into the prize draw and/or the dates on which the prize draw will be promoted and Virgin Media reserves the right to alter, amend or withdraw these Terms and/or the prize draw without prior notice.
Category: 2011 shortlist
LIKED THAT? READ THESE…
Federico Forcolini's cheeky comedy Coasting was a bit hit with the Shorts community, especially Virgin Media customers. Federico racked up the …
In 2011, cute-as-a-button InaniMate stole the public's collective heart and got everyone feeling all gooey inside. Animators Micheal O'Dono…
The last of the red carpet
It's with a heavy heart that we post that last of the interviews from the Virgin Media Shorts Awards 2013. We've loved watching all of the …
Our 13 shortlisted filmmakers were most definitely put in the spotlight at this year's glitzy awards bash at the IMAX cinema in London. With th…
The red carpet at the Virgin Media Shorts Awards was full of talented filmmakers, legendary judges and some amazing and rather well known faces. Ou…
The glittering Virgin Media Shorts Awards were held at the London IMAX cinema back on the 7th November and oh, what a night it was. We're still…